005 : Dockerized
Hi there. Long time no see.
I’ve been busy but is working on getting back to writing :-)
Meanwhile I’ve been geeking a bit with Docker.I wanted a practical exercise so why not trying to host a website on it. This blog is now served from a Docker container on a Digital Ocean VPS. I’ve also deployed a Let’s Encrypt certificate. This blog is now full HTTPS Yay :)
Links and notes on the setup:
Setting up Nginx through a container (through Digital Ocean)
Setting up Let’s Encrypt cert for Nginx
- Final container start call
This call includes
- Port mapping for HTTP and HTTPS
- Mounting volumes for Nginx root
- Mounting config file for Nginx
- Mounting Let’s Encrypt SSL cert and keyfile
As I have now a container infrastructure, I can deploy other apps super quickly. So my 2nd exercise came to mind very quickly. Let’s deploy a Tor relay using a container.
There is a link for that
A couple of minutes later, here is the result.
A couple of Todo items for me to play with in the next couple of weeks
- Implement Docker-composer
- Implement a reverse proxy container so I can host multiple sites on the same server
- Deploy Drupal websites via Docker